Top Ad unit 728 × 90

The Hare and the Tortoise(Completing Story)



   




SIow and Steady Wins the Race

Once. there lived a hare in a forest. He was always proud of his speed in
movement. A tortoise also lived there. The hare always teased the tortoise for its
slow speed. One day he challenged the tortoise in a race. The tortoise said, "You
can run quite fast, no doubt. But I think you boost about your speed more than
you can run. I think I can beat you."
"Do you hear that?" said the hare to a fox, who was standing near. "Could anyone
even think that such a slow-coach could beat me in a race?"
"It would be a good joke if he did," said the fox. "Do you wish to run a race? I will
be the judge, if you care to have me."
"That suits me well," answered the hare.
"I am willing," said the tortoise.
So the fox marked off a place for starting, and set up stake at the goal. The race
began. The hare hounded along and was very soon far ahead of the tortoise. He
called back to the fox, "I think I shall take a little nap before I finish the race; the
tortoise will not reach here for an hour or more." So he lay down in some bushes
and went to sleep.
Every minute brought the tortoise a little nearer to the goal. He d'id not stop for a
second.
At last he passed the hare, but the hare still slept. On and on he plodded; it was a
long way, but he had no thought of stopping.
He came nearer and nearer the goal. At last his foot touched the stake.
The hare wakened, stretched himself, and leaped toward the goal. "What, you
here!" he cried when he saw the tortoise. "How did you ever reach here?"
"Just be keeping at it," said the tortoise.


The Hare and the Tortoise(Completing Story) Reviewed by Toshin Islam on March 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Online Education BD © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.